Process Flow to Purchase
- When a customer places an order in the website, host will check the inventory of the item.
- In warehouse, when a customer order is received from the host system, a picker checks the item, goes to the location where item is stored in warehouse, takes it to the staging location.
- In case of gift wraps requests, usually a separate work order is created from Host to the warehouse with the specific instructions.
- Every shipment has to be associated with an invoice. So, after packing an invoice is generated for every package(a copy of which is provided with the package and one copy with the delivery person.
- Then the packages are loaded on trailers based on their destinations and shipped off and delivered to the customer.